A variety of direct and indirect teaching styles are used for student success. Guided choice activities and critical thinking and problem solving strategies are provided.
- Use a variety of teaching styles to ensure student success
- Use direct instruction when appropriate and provide opportunities for review
- Check for student understanding
- Encourage student leaders and monitor student performance
- Use cooperative learning strategies, such as "jigsaw"
- Provide task cards to facilitate peer instruction
- Help students become independent learners by discussing ways to learn
- Provide clear expectations and norms for group work
- Provide feedback and support to student leaders
- Encourage students to make choices to facilitate their learning and performance